Sunday 2 September 2012

Review: Milani Baked Bronzer & Blush (Glow & Luminoso)


 I was in America last week and decided to browse through the drugstores there. I really like looking through the drugstores in America because they not only have more selection and different brands than the drugstores in Canada, but they're also significantly cheaper. Two products that really caught my eye while I was at a CVS in Boston were these two Milani products. They only sell Milani in select retailers in Canada (Sears, Loblaw Superstore and Lawtons Drugs), so I decided to pick them up.

Milani Baked Bronzer in 04-Glow

 
 The first product is a Baked Bronzer in the shade 04-Glow. It's the lightest of the three shades, and is a really pretty peachy bronze golden color. It is shimmery, but on the skin it really just gives you a nice glow. This color would make a nice bronzer for very light skin tones that may shy away from bronzers. It could also make a nice highlight color for girls with deeper skin tones. I personally use it as sort of a bronzer/illuminator. I use in on my nose, cheekbones, chin and forehead for a nice 'glow'. The main reason I bought this product is because it reminded me of a Mineralize Skinfinish from MAC. Now, the only Mineralize Skinfinish I own in Soft and Gentle, and these two colors are nothing alike, seeing as Soft and Gentle is a shimmery champagne highlight. However, I did compare the consistency of Glow to Soft and Gentle, and dare I say I like Glow better? When I felt the two, Soft and Gentle felt a lot more gritty and less smooth in comparison to Glow. But, Soft and Gentle performed a bit better in the pigmentation department. I watched a review on this product by the Youtube Beauty Guru pinkiecharm, and she mentioned that this bronzer is comparable to the discontinued MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Shimpagne. Here's a link to that video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAiywN6Nvf0 
 
 
 The product packaging may seem sort of bulky and cheap to some people, but I personally don't mind it. It may be a bit of annoying of your trying to pack it into a small makeup bag though.
The actual product flips up to show a bottom compartment containing a mirror and a brush. The mirror is a decent size, and I actually really like the brush. However, I don't use the brush that comes with this product, for this product; I use it for highlighting. I use a powder brush to apply the Milani Baked Bronzer.
 
 
Milani Baked Bronzer in 04-Glow (0.25oz/7g, $9.99 @ CVS)

 

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso

I also decided to pick up the Milani Baked Blush in the shade Luminoso. It's a beautiful light peachy pink color that, when put on the skin, has a lovely finish. It has shimmer in it, but it doesn't make your face look glittery of un-natural at all (as long as you don't overdo it, of course). Again, like the bronzer, this product gives your face a really nice glow. I also think it's a pretty universally flattering color. This product also reminded me of a MAC product: their mineralize blushes. I don't personally own any mineralized blushed, but I have swooned over them. I also read a post comparing this product to the MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in the color Stereo Rose. Apparently they are pretty close dupes, and if anything the Milani blush is more pigmented. Again, this product has a very nice smooth texture, it isn't gritty at all.
 
 
 
The packaging on the Milani Blush is a bit bulky. It also flips up to reveal a mirror and brush. The mirror is nice quality- a little small but it's alright. However, the brush is not so nice. It's not very soft and the end is very bluntly cut, so I would suggest applying this product with a blush or powder brush.
 
 
Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso (0.12oz/3.5g, $8.99 @ CVS)
 
 
Here are both of the products swatched on my wrist. The top color is Luminoso and the bottom is Glow. (Note: both of these colors can be used either wet or dry.)
 
I hope someone found this review helpful, thanks for reading!
xoxo
-D
 
 
 
PS: I apologize if some of these photos are blurry, out of focus, or the colors are a bit off. I'm still figuring out my lighting and camera settings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment