Monday 3 September 2012

Review: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

This bad boy has been my go to foundation for the past six months. And I've got to say- despite the price tag, I'm in love with it. It's a water based formula (hence 'aqua'), so you have to shake it up pretty well before you use it or it comes out as a gross runny mess. It has a ball inside of it that rattles around when you shake it- similar to a can of spray paint- that makes shaking it up just a little more fun. Once it's all mixed together and ready to apply to your face, it's all downhill from there. Now, I'm really not one to wear foundation. I have very dry, sensitive skin and I find that most foundations don't blend well into my skin, and just feel way too heavy. However, this foundation completely changed my view on foundation. It's light to buildable coverage, which makes it feel like you literally have no product on your face. It blends beautifully into my skin without looking patchy, and it gives your skin a beautiful 'glow'. I think all of these aspects have to do with the fact that its water based, it just looks so healthy on the skin. Even when I'm wearing a heavier layer (if I'm going out, or taking a lot of photos) it still looks like I'm not wearing makeup. It evens out the skin beautifully, but the only thing I would say is if you have a blemish that is inflamed and very red, I would add concealer.
 

The actual packaging of the product is not only very sleek and classy, but it's also quite convenient for travelling or putting in a makeup bag. It's not overly bulky or chunky at all. It actually seems pretty small, but the bottle contains 1fl oz or 30ml, which is the same amount as most foundations.
 
 
The bottle comes with a nozzle top, which I personally really like. It's sanitary, and it's easy to get just the right amount of product. Also, it's almost impossible to have this think leak in your bag.
 
 
I use the shade 30 Beige, and it matches me perfectly for most of the year. I bought this foundation in March, when I was very pale, and I could still use it in the summer. Since it's sheer, it lets your skin show through a little bit so it matches better.
Something else lovely about this foundation is the scent. I believe it's scented with rosewater, and it smells very floral, but in a nice way. Now, saying this may cause people with sensitive skin to shy away, but I'd like to mention that I have extremely sensitive skin; I can't use any skin care with fragrances, and my skin gets inflamed and broken out easily. But I've had no problems with this foundation. I just use a small amount on most days, and it hasn't irritated my skin.
I would suggest this foundation to pretty much everyone, but a tip I have for people with oily skin is to use a primer or a setting powder (or both!) to avoid looking overly shiny throughout the day.
 
The one big downside to this product, however, is the price tag. As I mentioned, I bought this product in March, and I also bought it while I was in Paris. As far as I can remember I think it was about 30 euros when I bought it, which is around $45. I haven't checked to see the price of this in Canada, but I assume it's about $50-$60.
 
Thanks for reading!
xoxo
-D 

No comments:

Post a Comment